WCBU's coverage of the candidates and issues on the ballot in the Nov. 8, 2022, general election.
WCBU is planning or part of several debates and candidate forums ahead of the election. Check back as new dates are announced.
- Sept. 27: 91st Illinois House District | Recap | Video
- Oct. 3: 17th Congressional District
- Oct. 6: Governor's race
FIND MY DISTRICT
Illinois recently went through a post-census redistricting, meaning you may live in a new legislative or congressional district.
- Republican Esther Joy King zeroes in on combating inflation during her second IL-17 run
- Why Eric Sorensen believes a hometown advantage may prove key to tilting 'toss-up' IL-17 to Democrats this November
- Democrat Eric Sorensen and Republican Esther Joy King win in 17th Congressional District
- Voting by mail is increasingly popular heading into Illinois' primaries
- 17th Congressional Democratic candidates struggling to attain name recognition, new poll shows
- Koehler, Anderson make their cases for representing the new 46th State Senate District
- Sen. Koehler prioritizes need to protect individual rights approaching midterms
- GOP challenger for Peoria House seat takes on public safety and abortion
- Peoria senator Dave Koehler touts FOID Modernization Act to ease renewal, increase background checks
- State Sen. Koehler Supports Extending Tax Credit Program, Expanding Insurance Coverage For Mental Health
Illinois House candidates Sharon Chung and Scott Preston outlined differences on taxes, the budget and criminal justice during a debate Tuesday evening at Illinois State University.
Peoria union leader touts benefits of a Workers’ Rights Amendment, but opponent says it would be costly for Illinois taxpayers and businessesA proposed Workers’ Rights Amendment to the state constitution would guarantee Illinois workers the “fundamental right” to collectively bargain for agreements on wages, hours and working conditions. If passed, Illinois would be among just a handful of states that guarantee the right to collective bargaining.
Republican gubernatorial nominee Darren Bailey vowed to stand by the outcome of the upcoming general election Tuesday, after telling a group of supporters in Peoria he wants to lower taxes, improve public education, and take a tough stance against crime.
Illinois State University in Normal will host the first debate between Democratic Gov. JB Pritzker and Republican challenger Darren Bailey.
An array of issues, ranging from biofuels and renewable energy to livestock protection and trade agreements, faced Democratic incumbent U.S. Sen. Tammy Duckworth and Republican challenger Kathy Salvi during Wednesday’s Illinois Agricultural Legislative Roundtable candidates forum.
A little over 18% of registered Peoria County voters participated in Tuesday’s primary election, according to Election Commission executive director Thomas Bride.
Capt. Chris Watkins, an 18-year veteran of the Peoria County Sheriff’s Department, defeated Lt. Jason Buckley in Tuesday's Republican primary for Sheriff. With no Democrat running in the general election, Watkins is in line to follow outgoing Sheriff Brian Asbell.
Peoria County Election Commission Executive Director Thomas Bride says they would like to hire about 50-75 election judges for June 28.
Illinois Governor JB Pritzker is throwing shade at Republican gubernatorial candidate Richard Irvin after the Aurora mayor ducked and dodged reporter questions on Monday.
Republican Esther Joy King is running for a second time, coming off a better-than-expected showing as a first-time challenger in 2020, while a crowded field has six Democrats vying for the party’s nomination to succeed U.S. Rep. Cheri Bustos in the redrawn 17th Congressional District.