LaHood Meets with Service Academy Appointees
Congressman Darin LaHood met with the armed forces academy appointees Monday from his district. This is the second group of academy appointments the 18th District Congressmen has nominated.
LaHood says the appointees have made it through highly competitive process and represent some of the best of the best when it comes to grade point average, college entrance exam scores, sports and leadership.
The congressman says, “we’re just congratulating them and also giving the families an opportunity to meet each other before they head off to West Point, the Air Force Academy and Naval Academy.”
LaHood says he nominates about 20 to 25 students a year and seven have been selected each year. Each US representative and senator make annual nominations to the academies.
LaHood says any high school student interested in attending one of the academies should contact his office. He says his staff can help guide them through the application process.
18th Congressional District Service Academy Appointees:
- William Lucie, Basco, IL- US Military Academy
- Joseph McCabe, Morton, IL- US Naval Academy
- Turner Holcombe, Morton, IL - US Air Force Academy
- Jacob Lowman, Nauvoo, IL- US Military Academy
- Jacob Steiner, Bloomington, IL- US Air Force Academy
- Jace Taliaferro, Pleasant Hill, IL - US Military Academy
- Tyler Shekleton, Springfield, IL - US Military Academy