Why every Peorian should have a library card, from Peoria Public Library's Jennifer Davis
Here’s a few reasons why every Peorian should have a library card:
- We’re Fine Free!
- With free access to literally millions of books, movies, music, online courses and more, you can binge us to your heart’s content.
- Our virtual library alone has millions of titles, and two amazing streaming service: hoopla and Kanopy. Hoopla has just started offering MasterClass and Kanopy has The Great Courses.
- Our collection is worth millions, but it’s our staff that’s priceless. As author Neil Gaiman has said, “Google will bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian will bring you back the right one.”
- Free concerts every month at North Branch, part of our Music in the McKenzie series.
- More than 100 programs every month across our five locations.
- Curbside pickup and home delivery.
- Free Wi-Fi and public computers.
- Reserve our rooms for free for group meetings or solo study.
- Pick up a free family pass to visit the Peoria Riverfront Museum by showing your library card.
- Explore More Illinois also gets you discounted and free passes to attractions across Illinois with your library card.
- Inter-Library loan means if we don’t have something, we will get it for you – at no cost to you.
- Finally, there’s never any charge or expectation that you spend money with us.
For more information on how to get a library card and the services the Peoria Public Library offers visit their website.