Soybean oil offers a lot of potential in blending up a cleaner jet fuel. But to date, it hasn't been a major competitor in the biofuel market.
- With emergence of Omicron variant, Peorians urged to get COVID-19 vaccines, boosters: 'This is a very precarious time'
- Citing grievances with county board decisions, Peoria County Sheriff Brian Asbell says he won't run for a second term
- The Greater Peoria Farm Show returns to the Civic Center for its 40th anniversary
- Q&A: Heart of Illinois ABC anchor Jenise Rebholz on reporting in her hometown, and growing more local journalists
- Battery storage conversion planned for Central Illinois coal plant sites. Here's what that means
- Arizona man struck and killed by truck near Chillicothe
All Things Peoria is WCBU’s half-hour newsmagazine, airing weekdays at 5 p.m. Listen on 89.9 FM or subscribe to the podcast on Apple, Spotify, Google or NPR One.
More Local News
A second bar in downtown Farmington caught fire Thursday night.
Peoria police said an 18-year-old man was shot and killed on Thanksgiving morning. The shooting marks the city’s 33rd homicide of 2021.
Peoria authorities said Wednesday that a 2-month-old's death earlier this month is now being investigated as a homicide. It is Peoria's 32nd homicide of the year — a modern record.
The Peoria City Council passed the 2022-2023 biennial budget after a majority secured funding pension obligations, breaking weeks-long gridlock.
Regional & State